- CEO AND DEPUTIES
- Marketing and Development Department
- Environmental Monitoring Department
- Property Management Department
- Technical Departament
- Assistant manager
- Finance and Budget Department
- Accounting Department
- Legal Department
- Harbor Master and Navigation Safety Department
- Document Circulation Division and Secretariat
- CEO AND DEPUTIES
- Legal Basis and Functions
- EU Projects
- Project ‚ÄúReconstruction and Renovation of Waterside Structures at the Freeport of Ventspils"
- Project ‚ÄúIndustrial Heritage‚ÄĚ
- Development of accessroads to terminals and industrial areas at the freeport of Ventspils
- Construction of production plant no.6 in the Ventspils High Technology park
- Construction of Electronics Centre Production Facility in Ventspils
- Construction of Technology Center Production Facility in Ventspils
- Reinforcing of piers number 2 and 3 on VENTA river embankment
- Access Roads to Terminals and Industrial Zones Located at the Freeport of Ventspils Territory
- Infrastructure development at the Freeport of Ventspils
- Amber Coast Logistics
- Construction of Dry Cargo Terminal at the Freeport of Ventspils
- Acquiring Foreign Markets ‚Äď External Marketing
- Space Technologies and Services Cluster Development 2012-2015
- Documents and Publications
- Contact Us
Construction of Dry Cargo Terminal at the Freeport of Ventspils
One of the most significant port infrastructure buildings over the past few years is Freeport of Ventspils new dry bulk terminal that was built on the left bank of Venta between Venta Bridge and Detour Bridge. Thanks to previous drawbridge reconstruction and construction of the new terminal, the Port of Ventspils has gained wider area for economic activity and modern infrastructure of general cargo, bulk cargo, construction materials, etc. cargo delivery, storing and loading onto ships.
The new terminal has 300 meters long and 8 meters deep pier with 5 hectares of cargo storage space and new or rebuilt railway tracks about 2 km in length. Unique solution in Latvia has been implemented in the terminal ‚Äď water "immersed" electricity supply station at the pier for quick and convenient connection. Constructed railway allows increasing the timber handling speed ‚Äď i.e. timber loading from wagons directly into ships, offering customers more attractive rates.
The project was implemented from 2011 until 2014 with the co-financing from EU Cohesion Fund. Total costs of the terminal ‚Äď 13.4 million EUR, from which 8.1 million EUR was co-financed by the EU Cohesion Fund, and 5.3 million EUR ‚Äď the Freeport of Ventspils.