- CEO AND DEPUTIES
- Marketing and Development Department
- Environmental Monitoring Department
- Property Management Department
- Technical Departament
- Finance and Budget Department
- Accounting Department
- Legal Department
- Finance and Control Service
- Navigation Safety Department and Harbor Master
- Document Circulation Division and Secretariat
- CEO AND DEPUTIES
- Legal Basis and Functions
- EU Projects
- Project â€śFVA/Remediation of historically contaminated sitesâ€ť
- Project â€śReconstruction and Renovation of Waterside Structures at the Freeport of Ventspils"
- Project â€śIndustrial Heritageâ€ť
- Development of accessroads to terminals and industrial areas at the freeport of Ventspils
- Construction of production plant no.6 in the Ventspils High Technology park
- Construction of Electronics Centre Production Facility in Ventspils
- Construction of Technology Center Production Facility in Ventspils
- Reinforcing of piers number 2 and 3 on VENTA river embankment
- Access Roads to Terminals and Industrial Zones Located at the Freeport of Ventspils Territory
- Infrastructure development at the Freeport of Ventspils
- Amber Coast Logistics
- Construction of Dry Cargo Terminal at the Freeport of Ventspils
- Space Technologies and Services Cluster Development 2012-2015
- Acquiring Foreign Markets â€“ External Marketing
- Documents and Publications
- Contact Us
Development of accessroads to terminals and industrial areas at the freeport of Ventspils
Within the framework of the project, it is planned to implement the necessary improvements of 19 sections of access roads (streets) with the total length of 12,7209km.
The goal of the project is to ensure sustainable development of the infrastructure of access roads to the Freeport of Ventspils by improving the problematic sections of access roads to the existing berths, terminals and industrial areas of the port, as well as by creating connections in the missing sections of access roads.
To improve the public infrastructure of the port in the possession of the Freeport of Ventspils, the key planned activities within the project include construction of access roads to the port, construction of new sections of access roads and rebuilding of surface constructions of sections of the existing access roads or strengthening their carrying capacity by restoring the upper layer of the surface, as well as improvement and construction or rebuilding of elements of the infrastructure related to access roads, pavements, rainwater drainage systems, street lighting and traffic safety.
The key project results and economic benefits:
- renovated or newly-built 19 sections of access roads (streets) to the Freeport of Ventspils with the total length of 12,7209 km;
- improved transport network throughput, as well as accessibility and quality of transport infrastructure in the town and port;
- provided quick access to the transit cargo to the loading points of port;
- reduced risk of accidents related to the traffic of dangerous cargo vehicles, as well as improved access of emergency, technical and utility services to the port terminals and industrial areas;
- reduced number of road traffic accidents and reduced degree of their severity and consequences;
- reduced load of transport vehicles on the urban environment and its impact on the inhabitants of Ventspils (reduced air pollution, smells, noise levels and vibrations, etc.).
Project No. 22.214.171.124/17/I/001 â€śAccess roads to terminals and industrial zones located at the Freeport of Ventspils territoryâ€ť is being implemented within the framework of the Operational Programme â€śGrowth and Employmentâ€ť under the specific objective 6.1.1 â€śTo increase port security and improve the mobility of transportation networkâ€ť. The total cost estimate of the project is EUR 19 862 150,37 including the co-financing from the EU Cohesion Fund in the amount of 85 % constituting EUR 16 882 827,81.