- CEO AND DEPUTIES
- Marketing and Development Department
- Engineering Department
- Document Circulation Division and Secretariat
- Legal Department
- Finance and Accounting Department
- Security and Risk Management Department
- Harbour Master Service
- CEO AND DEPUTIES
- Legal Basis and Functions
- EU Projects
- Project “FVA/Remediation of historically contaminated sites”
- Project “Reconstruction and Renovation of Waterside Structures at the Freeport of Ventspils"
- Project “Industrial Heritage”
- Development of accessroads to terminals and industrial areas at the freeport of Ventspils
- Construction of production plant no.6 in the Ventspils High Technology park
- Construction of Electronics Centre Production Facility in Ventspils
- Construction of Technology Center Production Facility in Ventspils
- Reinforcing of piers number 2 and 3 on VENTA river embankment
- Access Roads to Terminals and Industrial Zones Located at the Freeport of Ventspils Territory
- Infrastructure development at the Freeport of Ventspils
- Amber Coast Logistics
- Construction of Dry Cargo Terminal at the Freeport of Ventspils
- Space Technologies and Services Cluster Development 2012-2015
- Acquiring Foreign Markets – External Marketing
- Documents and Publications
- Contact Us
Project “Industrial Heritage”
Ovisi Lighthouse (Latvian: Ovīšu bāka) is the oldest lighthouse in Latvia and one of three lighthouses in entire Latvia officially available to visitors. Having joined the Estonian – Latvian project “Industrial Heritage” with the aim to improve and upgrade the exhibition of Ovisi Lighthouse, the Freeport of Ventspils is responsible for preservation of the 37 meters high lighthouse.
Project “Revival of Industrial heritage for tourism development” is implemented within the Interreg Estonian – Latvian cross-border program for 2014-2020.
Aim of the project is to revive industrial heritage for tourism development through:
1) raising awareness about the value of industrial heritage and importance in diversification of tourism offer in regions involved in the project;
2) establishment of cooperation network between tourism and industrial heritage related stakeholders and development of cooperation with European networks of industrial heritage;
3) development of industrial heritage objects into attractive tourism sites according to the needs of tourists;
4) promotion of industrial heritage tourism sites among local and foreign tourists.
In total, 26 Latvian and Estonian cultural historical objects are involved in the project. Find out more about the objects at:
Project “Industrial Heritage” will last for two years (01.05.2017-30.04.2019). Total planned budget of the project is EUR 1,143,135.00, of which EUR 971,665.09 are funds of the INTERREG Estonian – Latvian program and EUR 171,470.31 – contribution of project partners.