- CEO AND DEPUTIES
- Marketing and Development Department
- Environmental Monitoring Department
- Property Management Department
- Technical Departament
- Finance and Budget Department
- Accounting Department
- Legal Department
- Harbor Master and Navigation Safety Department
- Document Circulation Division and Secretariat
- CEO AND DEPUTIES
- Legal Basis and Functions
- EU Projects
- Project ‚ÄúReconstruction and Renovation of Waterside Structures at the Freeport of Ventspils"
- Project ‚ÄúIndustrial Heritage‚ÄĚ
- Development of accessroads to terminals and industrial areas at the freeport of Ventspils
- Construction of production plant no.6 in the Ventspils High Technology park
- Construction of Electronics Centre Production Facility in Ventspils
- Construction of Technology Center Production Facility in Ventspils
- Reinforcing of piers number 2 and 3 on VENTA river embankment
- Access Roads to Terminals and Industrial Zones Located at the Freeport of Ventspils Territory
- Infrastructure development at the Freeport of Ventspils
- Amber Coast Logistics
- Construction of Dry Cargo Terminal at the Freeport of Ventspils
- Acquiring Foreign Markets ‚Äď External Marketing
- Space Technologies and Services Cluster Development 2012-2015
- Documents and Publications
- Contact Us
Reinforcing of piers number 2 and 3 on VENTA river embankment
The project aims to ensure the continuing safety of navigation in the internal port basin and the Venta River shipping channel.
The project intendeds to reinforce Venta River shipping channel embankments ‚Äď piers No.2 and No.3, thereby increasing the safety of navigation in the port basin and safe stowage of vessels at piers No. 2 and No. 3.
Hydro-technical structures on the banks of Venta River are very important because they provide safe navigation in the internal port basin. Each year more than 7 million tons of cargo is delivered to through these piers, which are located upstream from the river mouth. Implementation of project Reinforcing Venta River Piers Number 2 and 3 at Ventspils Port Territory reduces the risk of emergency situations as a result of which the ship movement can be blocked within the Port of Ventspils inner port basin.
Project from 2014 until 2015 is being implemented in accordance with the operational program Infrastructure and Services amendment 18.104.22.168. activity Development of Large Port Infrastructure within the Naval Routes. The total project budget is ~ 4.4 million EUR. Estimated Cohesion Fund (CF) co-financing is ~ 2.37 million EUR.