- CEO AND DEPUTIES
- Marketing and Development Department
- Engineering Department
- Document Circulation Division and Secretariat
- Legal Department
- Finance and Accounting Department
- Security and Risk Management Department
- Harbour Master Service
- CEO AND DEPUTIES
- Legal Basis and Functions
- EU Projects
- Project “FVA/Remediation of historically contaminated sites”
- Project “Reconstruction and Renovation of Waterside Structures at the Freeport of Ventspils"
- Project “Industrial Heritage”
- Development of accessroads to terminals and industrial areas at the freeport of Ventspils
- Construction of production plant no.6 in the Ventspils High Technology park
- Construction of Electronics Centre Production Facility in Ventspils
- Construction of Technology Center Production Facility in Ventspils
- Reinforcing of piers number 2 and 3 on VENTA river embankment
- Access Roads to Terminals and Industrial Zones Located at the Freeport of Ventspils Territory
- Infrastructure development at the Freeport of Ventspils
- Amber Coast Logistics
- Construction of Dry Cargo Terminal at the Freeport of Ventspils
- Space Technologies and Services Cluster Development 2012-2015
- Acquiring Foreign Markets – External Marketing
- Documents and Publications
- Contact Us
Project “Reconstruction and Renovation of Waterside Structures at the Freeport of Ventspils"
The main activities of the project are renovation of the common-use infrastructure of the Freeport of Ventspils: renovation of Northern and Southern jetties, reconstruction of bank protection, mitigation of rough water at the quays and other works in relation to waterside structures of the port for common use.
The most significant expected outcomes and economic benefits of the poject:
- maintained continually high navigation safety in the aquatorium of the Freeport of Ventspils in accordance with the port safety requirements;
- ensured undisturbed ship traffic, navigation safety and sustainability of port functions, considering weather restrictions determined for the Freeport of Ventspils, that is, maintained port capacity when wind speed reaches up to 14 m/s;
- ensured safety of mooring and servicing of passenger and cargo maritime transport, as well as port authority ships (oil pollution recovery vessels, diving, depth measurement, etc) in accordance with quay operation loads determined by the regulations of the Freeport of Ventspils;
- improved elimination of consequences due to accidents in the territory of the port and the sea;
- prerequisites have been created for mitigation of negative effects on environment caused by transporation of one tonne handled at the port on average: for example, as the standstill of the vessels at the port will not increase, emissions caused due to operation of engines of these vessels will not increase either;
-quantitative economic benefits to the society due to implementation of the project are mostly linked to benefits from zero increase of ship standstills and related emissions of CO2 created by the ships at the Freeport of Ventspils; benefits from decreased emissions of NOx, NMGOS, PM from the ships, as well as from the travel time of cargo and passenger transport, which will not be increased.
Project No. 220.127.116.11/17/I/003 "Reconstruction and Renovation of Waterside Structures at the Freeport of Ventspils" is implemented within the framework of activity programme "Growth and Employment", and its specific support objective 6.1.1.: "To increase the security level of large ports and improve the transport network mobility”. Total eligible costs of the project is EUR 18 142 562.50, including the planned EU Cohesion Fund co-funding in the amount of 85%, EUR 15 421 178.12. It is planned to complete the project until 13 June, 2022.